Abundant Life Ministries is a journey into life and mind of a missionary. His whole mission in life is to spread the WORD of God to those who will listen. I will live for God in any environment he sees fit.Help those who need helping and teach those who are willing to learn.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Visions

A friend of mine (Micheal Airgood) wrote a blog entry on the topic,

Anyone can count the seeds in a melon. It takes vision to count the melons in a seed.” –Unknown*

Wow, what similar vision I had. A couple months ago God turn my life upside down. You see I had a vision from God a couple years ago. He wanted me to go in to missions. He specifically said, "Learn to teach others so they can teach others." My wife at the time did not want any part of it. Chaos took over my life because I didn't follow God's plan. Don't misunderstand me. I didn't stop listening or stop going to church but I instead started going more. You see I made excuses not to attend church while I was on the road. I didn't have time,out of my way, or whatever non-sense I could think of. I removed those things from my mind and started attending the Truckers Chapel whenever I saw one. Then eventually I would make an appoint to stop at only Truckers Chapel truck stops. Then I got brave and started attending them while I was under a load. I was never late for a delivery, close but not late.
You see this was not what God wanted for me. He saw the fact that I could not do what he wanted because of my loyalty to my wife, and because he is a jealous God, he removed her from me. I can tell you it has ripped a hole in me that is the hardest thing I have ever experienced in my life.
So now I am trying to catch up on the vision from God. I am not on the road anymore. I am going back to college. I am learning God's Word getting involved in volunteer work and finding out things about missions. I came across a website Adventures in Missions and I attended a "Be Conference" with them today. I really feel this where I need to be in my walk with the Lord. Please pray for me. To get accepted into this organization and solicit donations to pay for these transitions to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment