Abundant Life Ministries is a journey into life and mind of a missionary. His whole mission in life is to spread the WORD of God to those who will listen. I will live for God in any environment he sees fit.Help those who need helping and teach those who are willing to learn.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Are you making deep footprints?

This is thought for you today. I really have been giving a lot of thought this question. Is it really important to leave deep foot prints in someone else lives. By footprints I mean tiny remembrances in the heads of others that turn out to big impacts on their lives. I think we are called to do this by God. So how are we called to do this?

Mark 9:35 Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, "If anyone wants to be first, he must be the very last, and the servant of all."

Now I realize the disciples were arguing amongst themselves who is the best disciple. But I like to take a different level. Lowering yourself and putting yourself last will put a bigger impact on someone else lives. For example when your boss comes and works right beside you. Don’t you feel more respect that he/she is on his knees with you, instead of telling you how to do it? Another example I think, God realized that giving up his son and having faith in him to do his will on earth. Jesus allowed himself to become equal among men by being born and dying here on earth. He showed us how to live here without sin. By lowering himself, he became first, leaving deep footprints in all our lives.

I like to thank DR. Ken Freshour,pastor at First United Methodist Church in Toccoa Georgia, for giving me the tools to figure this out. It seems like every week God provides me the answers. Through somebody unexpected.Think of your big footprint person this week? What impact did he/she have on your lives? Let them know by telling them so.I truly pray that the Holy Spirit will use this blog to have an impact on somebody in some small way. Have a great day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment